Take Charge, Lead Change, Do Cloud Right! - GovCloud Network

blog

0
250
Wednesday, December 12, 2013

Take Charge, Lead Change, Do Cloud Right!

The theme for next week’s Gartner Data Center conference, “Taking Charge, Leading Change — Your I&O Transformation Can’t Wait”, is a real wake up call for today’s I&O leaders. Gartner’s focus on operational excellence highlights how the line-of-business and information technology (IT) management are being entangled by the fast moving and ever changing technology landscape. It also showcases today’s leadership challenge of how to transform that entanglement into an interweaved value producing process.


Take Charge, Lead Change, Do Cloud Right!As the lead in managing an organization’s information technology platform, infrastructure and operations (I&O) professional have typically been focused on the technical aspects of provisioning, management, governance and security. This represents only 44% of the IT value chain. While excellence in delivering these component is essential, it is not sufficient. In today’s business environment, the true I&O professional also provides crucial support to the other 56%, the so-called front end of the chain. Here in the front-end is where IT management superstars enable corporate agility and flexibility to their business line and acquisition cohorts. This is also why in the cloud computing age, cloud service brokerage (CSB) is so revolutionary. 

CSB capability, either developed internally or acquired through an external partner, has become all the rage because solution integrators and enterprise IT organizations have now recognized the shortcomings of the traditional way of “selling” and “delivering” IT. Today’s I&O Leader must take charge and lead their organization forward into this new way of doing business.

Gravitant recognizes this imperative! That’s why it invested in innovation by delivering an advanced cloud decision engine that normalizes vendor pricing and capabilities, customizes the enterprise cloud service catalog and automates the discovery and synchronization of cloud-based resources. With Gravitant CSB technology, you can now monitor, manage and make evidence based decisions across 100% of your IT value chain.

Be today’s I&O Leader by understanding your environment, understanding your options and understanding your true cloud computing costs before purchase! 

Take Charge. Lead Change. Do Cloud Right!
(SPONSORED POST)

Bookmark and Share

Cloud Musings
↑ Grab this Headline Animator

( Thank you. If you enjoyed this article, get free updates by email or RSS – © Copyright Kevin L. Jackson 2012)

Follow me at https://Twitter.com/Kevin_Jackson

LEAVE A COMMENT

Name*
E-mail*
Phone number*
Your Message

Latest posts

0
67

CIO dream team: Who’s in and why?

Today’s CIO navigates the twin challenges of enabling new business models and managing rapid technological change. Cl...

0
164

Digital Transformation and the Mainframe

Digital transformation infuses digital technology into all areas of an organization’s business or mission. Its fundam...

0
684

Composable Architecture Q&A. Are you ready?

Q: Is it time for my company to jump on the composable architecture bandwagon? A: Composable architectures are quickl...

0
222

Increase Productivity by Reducing Technology Distraction: Lessons from Forrester Research

Workplace productivity is hurt every day by the very technology developed and purchased to improve it.  Forrester ann...

0
3439

Cloud Computing Evolves: An Interview with Mats Johansson

Recently, Ericsson Digital released an amazing report on Edge Computing and 5G. In it, they explained how distributed...

0
2668

Unveiling the end-to-end capabilities for the networked society

An Interview with Henrik Basilier  By Kevin L. Jackson The telecom industry is rapidly moving towards a future i...

0
3387

AT&T Finance Solutions GM on Shrimping, Software, and CX

Helping clients address the trends and challenges presented by the Financial Services industry is the main focus for ...

0
7418

The IoT Nexus: Bosch Connected World 2019 in Berlin

Next week, I will be influencing #LikeABosch as I accept an invitation from the company to attend Bosch ConnectedWorl...

0
2754

Survive and Thrive With Digital Transformation

First cloud computing then multi-cloud. How can we get ahead of this digital transformation nightmare? These are the ...

0
1062

The “George Jetson” of Today

He grew up in Silicon Valley, landed his first job at Apple Computers, was introduced to Nobel Prize winners by his d...